History

The Facilities were originally built in 1955 by the Government of Canada to be the Mckay Residential School. Mckay School closed in 1989, and the property purchased by Western Christian College. WCC operated a residential school until 2002, when it moved to Regina.
Parkland Crossing had its beginning in the fall of 2003.  Kent Wieb presented the Dauphin Church of Christ with a dream.  Could we buy the complex and use it for the betterment of our community?  After considerable discussion, the decision was made to purchase the buildings and begin to transform them into something of value for our community.  Kent served for 2 years as our part-time administrator.

The first plan of action was to convert the larger freestanding dormitory into affordable apartments.  Countless volunteer hours made this into a reality.  Since that time the Dauphin and District Food Bank has found a permanent home here.  Other groups have rented space from time to time, and we are always open to new suggestions for the use of our facility.

Loreen Husband was the first full time administrator. Her passion for the project helped build the community indoor playground. The demand for the space resulted in a second playroom being built in 2011. The playground and family room are used by more than 100 children per week, from the regular drop in time, to parent and tot programming, to birthday parties and supervised family re unification vists by all three child and family services agencies.
In March of 2008, Jamie Harvey began as full-time administrator with the mandate to expand our services in the larger complex.  Parkland Crossing is currently administered by an executive committee from the Dauphin Church of Christ.  Another part of our vision is to make Parkland Crossing a truly community place through a community board and a greater volunteer base.